Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Work: "Extension Toward Succession"


"Extension Toward Succession"
(Ink on Recycled Paper)

Used a thin brown recycled paper I got out of my buddy's sketch book for this piece. I assumed that it would keep the over-cuts to a minimum and I was right- however, the taped off parts tore off the top layer of paper on the left side. I figured it would happen but I also hoped it wouldn't- but it did, of course.

Chose to go with red ink on this paper. It pops off the page and is a welcomed change from the black I use in constant.

Notes: Still need to be more aware of the lines I make and neatness.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about layering your pieces? Or using transparent types of papers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the red is awesome. does he have ambitions of majesty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. liz- yes i have. you have something particular in mind you could share?

    ra- i think this subject is majesty but is reaching toward something unimaginable/unattainable and i represented it using a spiraling circle. the circle goes on and on and on

    ReplyDelete