Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Poor Trait: The Beginnings of the Working Style


"Self Poor Traits" - 20WOM09 (Pastels on Sandpaper)

Love it or hate it- this is the beginning. This mess on sandpaper- just experimenting with pastels was the start of my current work patterns. I didn't really realize this until today when I found it sitting in my entertainment center tremendously out of place. I must have put it there for a reason but it somehow got lost along the way in the insurmountable clutter that is the life and times.

I didn't spray mount on it so some of the pastel came loose but I almost like it better- adds texture and shows some depth in the space. I took it outside and sprayed several coats of polycrylic on it giving it a high gloss shine and locking down that pastel forever.

The big bang- the first dissection of space and the first dissection of my thought process. This isn't a new concept by any means but I think I may have something here to further our understandings of how space in...well- space. Does that make sense?

I'll try to clarify more in visuals to come.

TWITTER.COM/KINGWOMBAT


No comments:

Post a Comment